The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information and counseling resources.
Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder
National Center for PTSD
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Mayo Clinic
International OCD Foundation
Associations & Institutes
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Counseling Association
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
California Board of Psychology
California Psychological Association
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
Mental Health America
National Alliance on Mental Illness
National Institute of Mental Health
San Diego Psychological Association
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Planned Happenstance Theory
Maximizer versus Satisficer Decision-Making
The Strong Interest Inventory
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
What To Know About Child Abuse
Intimate Partner Violence: Facts and Resources
The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
Depression Symptoms and Warning Signs
NIMH Depression Information
Mental Health Care General Information
Mental Health Counselor Resources, About.com
Mental Help Net
What is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar Disorder: Overview
International Bipolar Foundation
Ask Dr. Sears
Attachment Parenting International
Hand in Hand Parenting
Positive Psychology Center
The Greater Good Science Center
The Gottman Institute
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Dr Psych Mom Blogapist
What is Self-Esteem?
How to Raise Your Self-Esteem
Developing Your Child's Self-Esteem
Ways to Improve Your Sleep
Healthy Sleep Habits
How to Cope with Stress
Stress Tip Sheet
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
Its Up to Us San Diego
American Association of Suicidology
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
The Jed Foundation
SAMHSA's Suicide Prevention
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
Suicide: Read This First
- "One Minute Mindfulness", by Donald Altman
- "Getting the Love You Want", by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- "Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love", by Sue Johnson, Ph.D.
- "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook", by Edmund Bourne, Ph.D.
- "How to Talk to Your Kids About Divorce", by Samantha Rodman, Ph.D.
- "Raising Your Spirited Child, 3rd Edition", by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, Ed.D.
- "What Children Learn From Their Parents' Marriage", by Judith Siegel, Ph.D.
- "Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting", by Laura Markham, Ph.D.
- "Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life", by Laura Markham, Ph.D.
- "Raising Happiness", by Christine Carter, Ph.D.
- "The Emotional Life of the Toddler", by Alicia Lieberman, Ph.D.
- "Parenting from the Inside Out", by Daniel Siegel, M.D. and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- "Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood", by Lisa Damour, Ph.D.
- "The Emotional Lives of Teenagers", by Lisa Damour, Ph.D.
- "Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain", by Daniel Siegel, M.D.