Please contact me for information about fees for individual therapy. I recognize that being in therapy is an investment of time, emotional resources, and financial resources; I believe it is one of the best and most important decisions that you can make because it is an investment in you and your life.
How Insurance Works
Clients may choose to self-pay or they may choose to utilize their insurance benefits. At the present time, I am an in-network provider for Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna, MHN, and Medicare. Otherwise, I am considered an out-of-network provider for any other plan not listed. Payment for services is expected at the time of the therapy session unless other billing and payment arrangements have been made. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health (or sometimes called 'behavioral health') insurance benefits? If so, then what are my benefits for outpatient services?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover, or are my sessions unlimited if needed due to medical necessity?
- What can I expect to pay out of pocket? Does my plan have a nominal co-payment for each therapy session? Or, does my plan pay a certain co-insurance percentage (i.e. 80/20)? Or, does my plan require me to pay the full allowed amount until I meet my deductible (often required for high deductible plans)?
- If I have to meet my deductible before insurance covers in full or in part, then how much is my deductible and how much have I met so far this year?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session for an out-of-network provider? What is the process for getting reimbursed?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician? Is any other kind of pre-authorization required?
Some other important things to note when deciding to use your insurance benefits:
- Insurance plans do require that a mental health diagnosis be given and may audit a provider's treatment records for a client, if necessary.
- Insurance plans may also determine what type of treatment a client receives, whether treatment is covered, and for how long a client can be treated.
Accepted forms of payment currently check, all major credit cards, as well as Health Savings Account (HSA) cards and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you may be required to pay the full contracted session fee.
Request a therapy appointment online .
Questions? Please contact me for further information.